The launch of the EADE’s activities
Between 2012 and 2014, EADE started its activities through conducting many volunteering implementations with many beneficiaries in Nineveh due to the lack in humanitarian projects adopted by the humanitarian organizations because of the bad security situations. During ISIL control to Mosul in June 2014, the terrorists caktetad EADE office, destroyed and robbed all assets and some documents as they did wit hother local NGOs in Ninveh. After Nineveh invasion, EADE aclled its staff and met in Baghdad then in Erbil and nominatde its representatives in these Governorates trying to participate n supporting Nineveh IDPs in Erbil, Duhok and Sulaimania. S,o we began to distribute our staff in these places and emploeyd new people to collect field information and prepare the database to be the main source for reporting on any targeting area. We started helping IDPs in Sulaimaniayh and conducted many volunteer campaigns in the field of education, health an dgeneral living. In November 2014, EADE awraded a contract with UNOPS. The project was the distribution of solar lamps and mobile phone charging kits for IDPs in mo rethan 50 Districts and Sub-Districts in Sulaimaniyah. The contratc was achieved successfully within the stipulated end date with xecellent recommendation by the UNOPS team whom were supervised the field tdriibsution.In April, 2015 and under the urgent humanitarian calls by IDPs and Returnees, EADE targeted some newly liberated locations in Nineveh Governorate and deployed its staff to assess their needs and display the real situation in Zummar, Rabeeaa, Wana, Telkeef and Sinjar. These reports submitted to many UN Agencies such as UNHCR, UNDP, WFP, UNICEF, FAO & OCHA. The reports reviewed the previous and current humanitarian interventions in the targeted locations. The reports assessed the general numbers of IDPs and Returnees according to the gender and accounted the patients and classify each of them according to kind of his disease and also accounted the elderly people. The reports assessed also the physical and Moral Losses in people. It also covered all the humanitarian needs of IDPs and hosting communities in these locations to include shelters, food and nutrition, health and hygiene, education, electricity, agriculture, NFI, environmental and municipality services, livelihood and security of communities. EADE is capable of keeping all these findings and information updated through the continuous and regular following up of its staff in these locations. During 2015, EADE submitted many other technical reports and proposals for many organizations sucj as UNDP, FAO and UNHCR, in addition to other national NGOs such as Mercy Corps and the Swiss Embassy in Jordan which represented different proposals in different subjects and locations. In addition to many visibility studies and project suggestions submitted to more than one national organizations in the field of serving IDPs and Returnees.
Activities during 2016
1. Submission of on line projects to OPS-UNOCHA titled ( Improving access to shelters & NFI for returnees in the newly liberated areas in Nineveh Governorate- IRQ-16/S-NF/82800), Shelter-NFI Cluster, UNOCHA, Iraq, Sep.,2015.
2. Submission of on line projects to OPS-UNOCHA titled (Support the agricultural activities for returnees in the newly liberated areas in Nineveh Governorate and other vulnerable returnees in Salah Al-Deen Governorate- IRQ-16/A/82934), Food Security Cluster, UNOCHA, Iraq, Sep., 2015.
3. Submission of on line projects to OPS-UNOCHA titled( Improving access to education for returnees in the newly liberated areas in Rabeaa Sub-District /Nineveh Governorate- IRQ-16/E/83093), education Cluster, UNOCHA, Iraq,Sep. 2015.
4. Submission of on line project for Iraq HPF 1st Round Standard Allocation GMS, titled (Improving access to education for returnees in the newly liberated areas in Rabeaa Sub-District /Nineveh Governorate- IRQ-16/3884/ST/E/NGO/2605), Education Cluster, UNOCHA, Iraq, April, 2016.
5. Submission of on line project for Iraq HPF 1st Round Standard Allocation GMS, titled (Support the agricultural activities for returnees in the newly liberated areas in Nineveh Governorate and other vulnerable returnees in Salah Al-Deen Governorate- IRQ-6/3884/ST/F/NGO/2629), Food Security Cluster, UNOCHA, Iraq, April,2016.
6. Submission of on line project for Iraq HPF 1st Round Standard Allocation GMS, titled (shelters & NFI for conflict affected household in underserved condition in the newlIym lpirboevriantegd a cacreeasss tion Nineveh Governorate- IRQ 16/3884/ST/NFIs/NGO/260,Shelter and Non-Food Items Cluster, UNOCHA, Iraq,April, 2016.
7. Submission of on line project for Iraq HPF 1st Round Standard Allocation GMS, titled (Improving access to shelters & NFI for IDPs in the newly liberated areas in Nineveh Governorate- IRQ-16/3884/ST/NFIs/NGO/2693), Shelter and Non-Food Items Cluster, UNOCHA, Iraq, April, 2016.
8. Assessment Report on The Humanitarian Situation in Sunoni Sub-District Center and Around Villages after Liberation Prepared By EADE, Sunoni Sub-District Center, Iraq, Jan 15, 2016.
17.EADE-Rise Foundation initiative titled (Providing a typical stability of living case for the returnees ’families in Borak complex –Sunoni Sub-District /Sinjar/ Nineveh Governorate)- A technical & financial proposal prepared after cooperation and coordination between EADE Organization and Rise Foundation Organization and Submitted to UN Agencies & international donors, Sunini/Sinjar District, Nineveh Governorate, Iraq, January 28,2016.
9. Voluntary initiative conducted by the Engineering Association for Development & Environment E.A.D.E for meeting Mrs. Rosemary, the representative of UNDP Organization with a group of Yazidi and Kurds/Sheaa IDPs from Sunony in Sinjar District to know their humanitarian needs and how they will back to their locations, Duhok, Jan 11, 2016.
10. Participating in giving lectures in the sessions of (Peaceful Coexistence‐Level 1 & 2 which was held in Duhok and prepared by (The International Organization for Human Right) and supported by (Kanpi Organization) and (Nineveh Provincial Council), Duhok, Iraq, on March- April, 2016.
11.Submitting of participating paper for Nineveh Paths to Peace, the International Forum on Recovery,Stabilization and Peace in Nineveh, Duhok, Iraq, March 30 & 31 2016.
12. Submitting proposal titled (Damage assessment of the Aljazeera Irrigation Project IRQ/16/001/01/34), FAO, Erbil, Iraq, April, 2016.
13. Submitting of proposal titled (Labor intensive Cash for Work activities in KRI), giz, Erbil,Iraq, May, 2016.